Sunday, June 22, 2008

Hmmm ponder this...

was doing my bible study tonight , yes Amy more than one day in one night, it's VBS crunch week, I know poor excuse, anyway... and in my reading I came across these verses,
Mat 26:59
The chief priests and the whole Sanhedrin were looking for false evidence against Jesus so that they could put him to death.
Mat 26:60
But they did not find any, though many false witnesses came forward.
Finally two came forward
Mat 26:61
and declared, “This fellow said, ‘I am able to destroy the temple of God and rebuild it in three days.’ ”

and also

Mar 15:29
Those who passed by hurled insults at him, shaking their heads and saying, “So! You who are going to destroy the temple and build it in three days,
Mar 15:30
come down from the cross and save yourself!”

I don't think I've ever "seen" these passages before, I'm sure I've read them many times but tonight God revealed something to me that I think is so cool... think on this.

Jesus was crucified or "destroyed" and then three day's later rose from the dead or was "rebuilt". Wow the very thing that was meant for insult was prophesy for those who would believe in him... in fact check this out...

Jhn 2:19
Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
Jhn 2:20
Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
Jhn 2:21
But he spake of the temple of his body.
Jhn 2:22
When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

I mean how cool is that... I hope this hits some of you like it hit me... everything in His Holy Word is full of meaning and it all points back to Him, everything. It just kills me sometimes that it's taken me this long to start to "get it"... I often want to go back and change that selfish person who thought it all applied to me not HE... I'm praying that this study will lead me away from the bottle of milk and on to the plate of meat he has waiting for me.

1 comment:

elizabeth engelhardt creations said...

It IS amazing how He KNEW everything that was going to happen before it did when He was crucified. He KNEW who was going to betray Him, who was coming to get Him, and how Pilate was going to respond!!

I agree that sometimes, I HATE that things like this are 'clicking' now and not when I was younger; however, I am EXCITED at the same time that is ACTUALLY 'clicking'. Good luck.