Thursday, April 10, 2008

What is surrounding me, God or the world?

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads." Deuteronomy 6:5-8

I struggle with this so much, I want to have His word constantly before me... wouldn't it be cool if every where you turned there was scripture verses on signs or billboards, tickers, everywhere... but it's not like that, what we do see is the world crammed down our throats day in and day out. So short of literally writing His word all over my body how do I do this? How do I make it such a part of my day that I find myself talking about it all the time, when we are sitting, when we are walking down the road, day in and day out instead of the world before us we had God and His mighty powerful word before us, behind us, surrounding us.

No comments: