Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Perfect Path

The LORD says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you. Psalm 32:8

I am so aware of my failings in life so much so that I find it hard to see those things I do right. I find myself so concerned about doing it the right way and taking the right path I don't wait for His wisdom and advice. I walk so fast I end up on the edge of His protection. I don't think we are ever out of his protection but I think we can be just on the edge where it can take more time to protect us than if we are walking by His side. It's like our kids when they are just out of arms reach... we have to lunge to keep them from falling off the stepdown they don't see because they are too busy looking ahead at the thing that tempts them and keeps them from walking slowly beside us.

Lord, help me to slow down, to listen for your voice and trust you to show me the best path for my life and those whose lives I'm responsible for.

No comments: